RapidRide I Line
Online Open House
Thank you for stopping by our online open house. Click through these pages to learn about RapidRide and share feedback with the project team.
Metro is working to connect the cities of Renton, Kent, and Auburn with fast, frequent, and reliable bus service. The RapidRide I Line will upgrade the current Route 180 between Auburn Station and Kent Station and Route 169 from Kent Station to Renton. When RapidRide launches in 2023 riders can expect transit improvements.
- Buses come more often and on-time.
- More service on nights and weekends.
- Buses will get you where you need to go faster.
- Bus stations will be upgraded with lighting, shelter, and real-time bus arrival signs.
- Project includes improved sidewalks and street crossings to make it easier and safer to access bus stations.
- Roadway and intersection upgrades to keep buses moving and ensure your bus arrives on time.
Community input over the past six months helped Metro identify community needs and inform the I Line route, stations, and improvements to get to the bus.
Use this online open house to:
- Learn about the upcoming RapidRide I Line and see the route and station locations Metro selected using community input.
- Learn about and provide feedback on:
- Roadway and intersection improvements to help the bus move faster and stay on-time
- Key areas to make it easier to walk, roll, and bike to the bus
- Project timeline.